Wednesday, August 13, 2014

EduTech 2014: Key learnings

3 and 4 June 2014

Attending the EduTech conference was an experience I am very grateful for as it has helped me redefine my role as an educator, challenge my practise and clarify my sense of purpose when making decisions that affect students, their learning and their teachers. It provided me with the opportunity to find out about current and upcoming digital tools which will help me make more informed decisions relating to the purpose, use and future direction of ICT at our school.

The six key messages I took from the conference and have reflected on are:
• Let go the control so the students take charge.
• The power of collaboration.
• The importance of students knowing the WHY.
• Celebrate and encourage your student's creativity, their interests and strengths. Challenge boundaries to make things happen.
• Be mindful of the stifling and potentially harmful effects of national testing when compliance is the dominant culture of our education system.
• The learning potential of using Google apps.

Check out my blog posts to read out more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Glenys, Great reflections on the Edutech Conference and the valuable ideas we all took away from there. Sometimes it is difficult to translate the inspiration into rational thought. I look forward to reading future blog posts. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete